– I supervise PhD and Masters student,
– I teach undergraduate modules,
– I deliver scholarly work,
– and I deliver music technology activities for young people.
I have also worked in higher education for nearly twenty years, and in 2017 I became a Higher Education Academy National Teaching fellow.
My specialisms are in social science, education, empirical research methodologies and music technology.
William Igo PhD
Peter Goosey PhD
Susie Green MA
Steven Iveson MA
Jonny Swailes MA
Matthew Varley MA
Geoff Wilson MA
Peter Goosey MA – Creating Immersion: A Semiotic and Compositional Insight into the Promotion of Immersion Through Video-Game Soundtracks
Nic Flatt MA – Investigating the Use of Audiovisual Elicitation on the Creative Enterprise
Harry Boam MA – An Autoethnographical Study on How Creative Sound Work is Affected by Commercialisation and the Professional Media Industry
Philip Maguire MA- Practice led research into streamform composition methods, freeassociation, and synaesthesia in
Project supervision in electronic music production, curating events, creative process analysis within music technology practices.
– computer based music composition
– sound for image
– empirical research methods for music technologists.
– Computer composition foundation and final year (5.1 surround)
– Sound for image
– popular music composition and arranging
– scoring for film
– studio recording
– composition and music theory
– composing and arranging for string quartet
– multi-disciplinary collaboration