– I supervise PhD and Masters student,
– I teach undergraduate modules,
– I deliver scholarly work,
– and I deliver music technology activities for young people.
I have also worked in higher education for nearly twenty years, and in 2017 I became a Higher Education Academy National Teaching fellow.
My specialisms are in social psychology of collaboration in music: community, creativity and learning, empirical research methodologies. Also electronic music production, plus music/sound for media.
William Igo PhD
Peter Goosey PhD
Steven Iveson MA
Jonny Swailes MA
Geoff Wilson MA
– Matthew Varley MA (Distinction)
A Case Study on Understanding the Influence of Diegetic Audio on Immersion in a Third-Person Role-Playing Game
– Susie Green MA (Distinction)
The Tesseract: using the body’s movement to shape my compositional practice
– Peter Goosey MA (Distinction)
Creating Immersion: A Semiotic and Compositional Insight into the Promotion of Immersion Through Video-Game Soundtracks
– Nic Flatt MEnt (Music Masters in Enterprise, Distinction)
Investigating the Use of Audiovisual Elicitation on the Creative Enterprise
– James Bagnall MA (Minor corrections)
The Strength of Timbre and why it can be an invaluable tool to to a moving image composer
– Harry Boam MA (Distinction)
An Autoethnographical Study on How Creative Sound Work is Affected by Commercialisation and the Professional Media Industry
– Philip Maguire MA (Distinction)
Practice led research into stream-form composition methods, freeassociation, and synaesthesia in audio/visual compostion.
Project supervision in electronic music production, curating events, creative process analysis within music technology practices.
– computer based music composition
– sound for image
– empirical research methods for music technologists.
– Computer composition foundation and final year (5.1 surround)
– Sound for image
– popular music composition and arranging
– scoring for film
– studio recording
– composition and music theory
– composing and arranging for string quartet
– multi-disciplinary collaboration